Cheney’s dovetail flashing use special deformations in the flashing to bond to the mortar and form keys in all directions, which allow for thermal expansion and contraction. These sheets require no soldering. The end of the sheets or sections lock and hook together to form watertight joints. This positive mechanical bond actually strengthens the wall. Plain, smooth flashings lack such bonding capabilities.
- Dovetail design has skewed ribs every 3″, creating 3-dimensional integral bonding with the mortar
- Maximum section lengths of 44″
- Can be fabricated with hemmed drip edges or receivers to accept counter flashing
- Up/down hooks at either end of each section interlock, eliminating the need for lapping or sealant
- Fabricated in type 304 stainless steel
- type 316 stainless available upon request
Available in copper and galvanized upon request