Cheney Flashing’s flat-hem is factory formed and utilized to continuously connect straight length flashings together via a smooth lapped edge. Straight length flashings are designed to be integrated and lapped together using Cheney’s pre-formed corners. Utilizing a rigid stainless corner and end dam system is the standard for the best moisture penetration control.
Stainless Steel Specifications and Feature
- All flat hem is fabricated utilizing type 304 stainless steel. Type 316 stainless steel available upon request.
- Metal thickness is 26ga (.018″).
- Cheney-supplied stainless steel meets all Federal specifications – ASTM A240/A240M, ASTM A666, and ASTM A480/A480M.
- Cheney-supplied stainless steel originates from mills located in the Eastern United States.
- 300 series stainless steel generally includes 75% – 85% post-consumer recycled content and is 100% recyclable with no loss of quality.
- Cheney Flashing’s rigid flashings are fabricated out of its Beltsville, MD and Houston, TX facilities.
3″ deep x 96″ long
Also available in copper.
Not recommended for use with galvanized or aluminum if the flashing is interacting with mortar.