Cheney Flashing’s flat-hemmed corners are factory pre-formed and utilized to connect in straight length flashings via a smooth lapped edge. Utilizing a rigid stainless corner and end dam system is the standard for the best moisture penetration control.
Stainless Steel Specifications and Feature
- All corners are fabricated utilizing type 304 stainless steel. Type 316 stainless steel available upon request.
- Metal thickness is 26ga (.018″).
- All joints are spot-welded and soldered, water-tight, utilizing a 50% tin / 50% zinc solder.
- Cheney-supplied stainless steel meets all Federal specifications – ASTM A240/A240M, ASTM A666, and ASTM A480/A480M.
- Cheney-supplied stainless steel originates from mills located in the Eastern United States.
- 300 series stainless steel generally includes 75% – 85% post-consumer recycled content and is 100% recyclable with no loss of quality.
- Cheney Flashing’s corners are fabricated out of its Beltsville, MD and Houston, TX facilities.
12″ x 12″ x 3″ deep
Also available in copper.
Not recommended for use with galvanized or aluminum if the flashing is interacting with mortar.